July 13, 2009

Gross Recipe of the Week

Guilty pleasures...we all have them. Some people get their fix by reading trashy magazines for celebrity gossip. Some listen to show tunes. Others watch John & Kate Plus 8 to feel better about their own lives (really, who couldn't feel better after watching that mess?).

Recently, I've developed my own guilty pleasure: finding gross recipes. Instead of eating the actual dish (which would taste terrible and, in most cases, make me gain a gazillion pounds), I like to read about it, think about how gross it must be, and then go make myself something good.

In the spirit of sharing, I'm debuting a new weekly feature called GROW: Gross Recipe of the Week.

Today's gross recipe comes to us care of my stepfather, but I'm telling myself that he, too, found it somewhere instead of actually having cooked it for my poor mother.

I'll preface it with a link to see if you can guess the main ingredient:



That's right, you guessed it: SPAM. Today's gross recipe is for French Fry Spam Casserole. Read, ponder, and then thank your lucky stars you don't have to eat it.

French Fry Spam Casserole
  • 1 pk Frozen french fry potatoes, thawed (20 oz)
  • 2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 c Sour cream
  • 1 cn Condensed cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz)
  • 1 cn SPAM Luncheon Meat, cubed (12 oz)
  • 1/2 c Chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/2 c Chopped green onion
  • 1/2 c Finely crushed corn flakes

Heat oven to 350'F. In large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, sour
cream, and soup. Stir in SPAM, bell pepper, and green onion. Spoon
into 13x9″ baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed flakes. Bake 30-40
minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Stay tuned for more gross recipes--you can bet that a lot of them will include SPAM.

1 comment:

  1. you get random SPAM recipes in the link bar at the top of GMail when you go to clean out your "spam" folder.....

    ReplyDelete